For all lovers of artisan style painting; discover Autentico Venice lime paint
Lime paint is not only anti-allergic and antibacterial. It delivers stunning effects on walls and furniture . It is fun to paint with Venice. Long live creativity.
Lime paint goes back ages. It was Michelangelo who painted the impressive ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in Rome. It took him 4 years to complete (1508-1512), laying on his back and painting with lime paint (on wet lime plaster). Lime paint cures by reacting with CO2 in the air. This process is called carbonation, during this process the lime paint hardens, develops its final colour and bonds to the substrate. In fact, Michelangelo was "baking" paint.
CO2 absorption helps to improve interior air quality, and that makes lime paint certainly one of the most sustainable paints you will ever find.
Moreover, lime paint delivers stunning textures. Full of depth and nuances in colour. Painting with Venice lime paint is fun and very rewarding. To allow the carbonation process to complete successfully, Venice lime paint needs a mineral surface. In case of doubt, apply a coat of Vintage chalk paint before painting with Venice. This will create a surface that Venice lime paint loves.
- Pure and natural paint, great for painting furniture and walls
- Lime paint is anti-allergic and antibacterial. Lime paint absorbs CO2 and helps to improve interior air quality.
- Available in 100+ Autentico colours
- Easy to apply with brush. Dilute the first coat with 20% water to create a lean yoghurt consistency. Second coat may be diluted with 10 % water.
- Covers 12-15 m2 / L
- Needs a mineral surface (brickwork, lime plaster). In all other circumstances, apply a coat of Vintage chalk paint before painting with Venice
- Suitable for all kinds of decorative techniques
- To make water-repellent, apply 2 coats of eco-sealer.
Bathroom wall painted with Venice, colour Cafe au Lait and sealed with Eco-Sealer
Venice wall, colour French Grey
Venice lime paint, mixture Winter Sky, Regency White and Wilderness
Venice absorbs CO2 and helps to improve interior air quality
Create endless effects, challenge your artisan talent and love your work
In our factory, we reuse as much as possible. We want to have as little impact on the environment as possible, without compromising the quality of our award-winning products.